Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Interior Design Lecture Series - Architecture For Humanity

I believe I can safely say it would not be a unique statement to claim that the lecture with Cameron Sinclair, founder of Architecture For Humanity, which was presented to CCA this Fall was inspiring and heartwarming. The passion and care for humanity shared by Cameron's team of architects and interior designers was such a pleasure to hear about and see the work of. It instilled a deeper awareness that I have the power to work towards and affect, even in the beginning level of interior design, the lives of those around me and internationally. He made it clear to me that the environment I work to design has the power to benefit much more than the immediate lives it touches. The lecture has affected my goals for design beyond what I thought interior design had the power to do. Changing lives in the present can have an even greater exponential benefit to future lives and I am proud to be in a position where my education and career allows me to help in this beautiful cause and realization.


No comments:

Post a Comment