Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Midterm Response

Critical Feedback:

I found all the feedback helpful and relevant, however the most critical feedback received was on how I can improve my design through my techniques and strategies. It was brought to my attention that I was not consistent with certain successful strategies used in my models, such as making separate but similar area within my model. In order to have all my models be as successful I can start with simply solutions such as eliminating a base and better defining the interior spaces within my models.


The theme I choose while designing my three final models was that each space,( rest, conversation, and concentration) , can be a dual space for all three activities. From growing up in an apartment, and living in dorms I believe that it is possible to have multiple activities take place in the same areas. In order to rest, the average person needs a space to lie down that is big enough to allow comfortable movement, a low level of noise, and dim lighting or no lighting at all. In my models I created multiple areas with screens that shielded light and created a different mode with each section. It would be up to the person to decide wither they want to rest, converse or concentrate in the chosen area since everyone has a different preference. Typically in order in concentrate a person will need a seat, desk, and good lighting. Each of my models have areas with different light conditions, so if a person prefers a low lighting one day and high lighting another than they can be accommodated. In order to converse, a person needs to be comfortable. Lighting and noise would depend upon the casualness or relaxed nature of the conversation. I believe that a person can use a space with various lighting conditions, seating, and scale to do virtually any of the activities which is why I concentrated on making a my spaces multi purposeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment