Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Book:Ilha Formosa






I found this website of a introduction to a book called, "Ilha Formosa" that's very interesting to me not just because I am Taiwanese but also because this Taiwanese artist/ illustrator uses the diagrammatic technique but in 3D model forms to introduce the geography, history, population, average earthquakes per day, calligraphy (Traditional Chinese Characters), Major Taiwanese news stations etc, of Taiwan.


This is the website

This is her design intentions for the book.
  • Ilha Formosa
    book & poster & bookmark, 2011
  • This promotion set includes a book, bookmark, and poster, all of which was designed to introduce Taiwan.
    It is not only a book with a collection of nice delicate paper-illustration, but also an infographic book.

    I translated some normal facts into interesting numbers, and then used paper-illustration to make the infographics.

    Why
    When I came to the United States, I noticed that many people don't know my hometown Taiwan. Some people even cannot tell the difference between Taiwan and Thailand, just because they sound alike. As a designer, I think I should do something to promote this beautiful island.
    Challenge
    I would like to do something very different from the other books about Taiwan. It would definitely not be a tourist guide, nor a boring government-published book. It should be interesting and casual, but also clear in delivering the information about Taiwan.

No comments:

Post a Comment