Saturday, November 5, 2011

in class wrting assignment & brief

In-class Writing Assignment

1. I am interested in the work that provides people convenient service and make it home. People need their own personal space and also public space to communicate with other. I would like to focus on organization of space and also change the texture, lighting condition of this work.

2. I always do some research before I need to do a project, I can learn some elements from others work and also think about why this project need to use this kind of elements or material, is there some elements I can use to my own works.

3. For this semester, my goal is that find my own strategies to make a model or design a project. Also I can find a way to get inspirations to my projects. I want to learn how to relate people activities to the space. I think I need to organize my ideas of a project.

4. In 5 years, I would like to do Hotel design. Hotel design is multiple demands challenge for me.

5. The characters of work in this semester can earn A: I think the work should be functional and creative. The presentation of the work should be clear.

6. I think it is functional and useful.

7. Improve the quality of the space such as color texture, organization of the space. Courtyard should be more plant. Increase accesses to different spaces. Dining room should be changed. And the ceiling of the sleeping room should be changed. And no paper on the windows. All storage such as locker, closets should be changed. Seats in the main entrance, and trashcans should be changed.

8. I think the most valuable thing is convenient for people and make it like a home for people. I will change the lighting and texture of this space. And clarify the space into public and private space.

9. I will clarify the space into public and private space. The public space provides opportunity to people to communicate with others, visit others. The private space provides people to relax such as reading, sleeping, bathing, and showering. I think the organization of a space is the most important. And also I will change the lighting , texture, color of this space.




Program activities brief

Office/ storage

Entrance

Hallway: waiting people: seating

Check-in: computer

Control center: overview

Storage: staff personal items; items for shelter

Electronics: computer

Library:

Documents; books

Reading space

Mission Kids/ Living room:

Mission kids: weekday

Storage: toys, kids items

Living room:

Sofa: visit, guest, social, conversation

Reading space

Sleeping room

Hallway: waiting people

Entrance

Sink: soap dispensers

Storage: cloths; personal items

Dressing: private

Electronics: mobile phone

Bathroom

Hallway: waiting people; storage: cloths, towels.

Entrance

Bathing: toilets; stalls; sink; mirrors toilet paper dispensers

Showering: shower stalls; towels; soap dispensers; curtains; hair dryer

Dressing: Clothes hanger

Laundry: Drying

Electronics: hair dryers

Courtyard/hallway

Relaxing

Plants

Waiting

Church/Dining room: large space

Church service: worship (Sunday)

Party/Gathering

Sink: wash hand

Eating: chairs, tables

Bath room: toilet

Storage: locker personal items

Electronics: refrigerator; TV




No comments:

Post a Comment