Friday, November 4, 2011

In-class Writing Assignment

Yu-Ning Lin

Amy Campos

Studio Practice 1

In-class Writing Assignment

1. Please describe your work and what you think is unique about your style or particular focus.

I am interested in the relationship between the homeless people and the society. I want to design a space that will let the homeless people feel that they are not leave out, they are part of the society, and they are not in a lower class. I hope the space can actually provide confidence to the homeless in order for them to achieve a better living when they move out the shutter. The unique about my design is to solve the “real problem” of the city. Homeless in San Francisco is a serious problem, if the root of the problem cannot be settled, then number of homeless people will only increase.

2. Who or what inspires you and your work?

Both of my parents are businessman and woman, they have no interest in art or design. Since businessman only care about their profits, designers in general do not gain any personal profit, on the other hand, they offer other people benefits, and that’s is why I want to be a designer. The word “utopia” inspired me of my designing direction, and I wonder how I can design a world that is close to a utopia, I cannot design the world I want, but I can change the world I want it to be.

3. Please describe your goals for your work this semester. What would you like to achieve while studying interior design.

My goal is to learn whatever the teacher can provide in the classes, and to find out what is my own design strategy and system. While studying interior design, I want to find out any potential possibility of interior design.

4. Where do you hope to be, professionally, in 5 years?

Cooperate with my architecture friend and explore all the fun in design.

5. What characteristics of work this semester do you think would earn an A in this class?

Show the passion and interest in the class, superego, try the best we can, and be in class on time.

6. Is there anything else you think we should know about you regarding your design aspirations?

Actually I am interested in not only interior but also furniture, industrial, jewelry, graphic and so on. I love design, I want to learn everything about design, and if I have a chance, I want to combine all the designs together into a project.

7. What does DHP need from us?

They need us to design a better living space and more reasonable human living style.

8. What do you think is the most valuable thing you can offer DHP as a designer?

To higher the homeless class level in the society, changing the relationship between the shutter, the homeless people and the society. Make the housing program does not look like housing program.

9. How do you think you can help better the DHP facility? Describe specific strategies and goals.

Organize the space cohesively, I want the shutter looks like is designed by a designer not only a shutter. For example, the color tone, texture and furniture. I don’t think the blue fit to the shutter because it gives a sense of cold. Shutter should looks like a home, when people go home, they always expect having a warm and relax feeling to the space.

No comments:

Post a Comment